Trade your CryptoCurrency here!

Monday, December 18, 2017

Astronomy Series: Milky Way Galaxy and Neighbor Star that is Planning to Kill us Soon



Recently I got so interested and even obsessed about astronomy, it maybe because when I was young I dreamt of becoming an Astronaut. I became interested in this field of Science when I accidentally watched a documentary in YouTube about the Milky Way Galaxy. I learned so much knowledge and information that I did not learn in my science subjects when I was in school.

I decided to have the Milky Way as first in my Astronomy Series because this is where we should start our journey in the universe.



Here is a short description of our galaxy:
The Milky Way is the galaxy that contains our Solar System.The descriptive "milky" is derived from the appearance from Earth of the galaxy – a band of light seen in the night sky formed from stars that cannot be individually distinguished by the naked eye. The term "Milky Way" is a translation of the Latin via lactea, from the Greek γαλαξίας κύκλος (galaxíaskýklos, "milky circle").From Earth, the Milky Way appears as a band because its disk-shaped structure is viewed from within. Galileo Galilei first resolved the band of light into individual stars with his telescope in 1610. Until the early 1920s, most astronomers thought that the Milky Way contained all the stars in the UniverseFollowing the 1920 Great Debate between the astronomers Harlow Shapley and Heber Curtis observations by Edwin Hubble showed that the Milky Way is just one of many galaxies.

What is interesting in the video below is that we will know our exact location in the milky way, what is in the center of galaxy, why our location is exclusive in this part of galaxy, our neighbor stars that might actually planning to kill us, that we are in head on collision in the Andromeda galaxy and many more interesting facts in our galaxy!



I hope you enjoy watching the video! Thank you so much for being here! Just bookmark this page for future post!